Baitfish fly swap….COMPLETED Thank you!!

Home Home Fly Tying Fly Swaps Baitfish fly swap….COMPLETED Thank you!!

This topic contains 162 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Carl Smith 6 years, 8 months ago. This post has been viewed 4601 times

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 163 total)
  • Author

Gene Trump
    Participant

No problem for me. I’m happy just to receive the patterns… doesn’t matter when.

FinLuver
      Participant
        Gene Roberts wrote:

Get patterns guys! I plan to keep them for reference. Thanks again, Shawn, for putting this one together.

Love the pic…Gene!!

jeffro
        Participant

Shawn do u have an update on armybrats flies?
          I sent him one of mine last week…he shoulda received it by now.
          Thanks

Bass_Bug

I still have an extra one of carlavatky’s Sunfish if anyone is missing one.

Gene Trump
            Participant

I can see a bit of a problem when it comes to postage. If Armybrat sends his patterns to Shawn, is Shawn supposed to send them to the other members of the swap? And then, are we supposed to send a pattern directly to Armybrat?

I have no problem sending any of my patterns to someone because the price of postage for a single fly is negligible.
              However, I don’t think it is fair that Shawn pays the postage to send single patterns to those of us in the swap.

Any suggestions?

jeffro
              Participant

I can send a self addreessed envelope for one…no problem here
                Really would like to have one of armybrats flies,,i sent eem one of mine

Shawn West
                Participant

ArmyBrats flies were waiting for me when I arrived back in Vancouver today. I will try to get the flies out to all of you before Friday.

Jeffro and Gene….I am not too concerned about the extra postage. I considered that, as well as the fact that the rules were clearly posted on how this swap was going to work. I figure this will be the only time I will ever make an exception to the posted rules. Most of you got your flies in way ahead of time. Some of you even paid extra postage just to ensure they arrived on-time. You tied twelve flies, you should get twelve flies in return.

I will try to post a photo of Brats fly tomorrow. BTW Gene…great job on the photo of the swap flies. That is a quality picture. I told you guys my pictures did not give those flies the justice they deserve.

Shawn

Shawn West
                  Participant

It looks like I am missing 2 addresses. If you are not on my list, please send me a PM with your mailing address.

M.Knox
                    A. Lawrence
                    R. Maddux
                    Jeffro
                    WMF
                    Walt
                    Abel
                    Gene Trump
                    Bighand

I do not have enough time to get the fly out to the above names, but I will get them out to you tomorrow. Fin…I do have a seaducer with your name on it. I will send it along with the double up.

Shawn

Gene Trump
                    Participant

I’m lost. Do we all need to now send a pattern to Armybrat? I have plenty of patterns so that’s not a problem. …just trying to determine the procedure.

Shawn West
                      Participant
                        Gene Roberts wrote:

I’m lost. Do we all need to now send a pattern to Armybrat? I have plenty of patterns so that’s not a problem. …just trying to determine the procedure.

Gene…I am sorry for making this as clear as mud. I have all of the flies, and most of the addresses needed to complete this swap. You can sit back and relax. I should be getting your package together tonight. I am sending you a few extra patterns that will hopefully assist you with your afternoon bass dilemma. If you can not catch bass with these flies in the afternoon, I will be expecting an invite so I can witness this for myself.;)

I have already sent a couple of the packages out. Bighand and Brat have packages in the mail. I have six envelopes with the Double Up pattern from Brat. They could not go out today because the post office would not accept my packaging. I need to reopen the envelopes and add a piece of paper to use as a buffer for the fly. The post lady was concerned the envelopes may tear if I did not add that extra piece of paper. Either way, I will get these out tomorrow.

Thanks to all for your patience and understanding.

Regards

Shawn

Gene Trump
                        Participant

Okay, I get it…. finally. Growing old is a bitch.

FinLuver
                          Participant
                            Gene Roberts wrote:

Okay, I get it…. finally. Growing old is a bitch.

Hey…knock that “growin’ old” kinda talk off!!;)

Shawn West
                            Participant

I shipped out all of the remaining flies, except for one Double Up. I am waiting for that final mailing address.

Shawn

michael
                              Participant

i have mine shawn thanks for hosting this swap

Walter Ryan
                                Participant

The last fly arrived today and was worth the wait.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 163 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar