Baitfish fly swap….COMPLETED Thank you!!

Home Home Fly Tying Fly Swaps Baitfish fly swap….COMPLETED Thank you!!

This topic contains 162 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Carl Smith 6 years, 8 months ago. This post has been viewed 4595 times

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 163 total)
  • Author

Shawn West
    Participant

Jeffro Shiner

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the flies.

Shawn

Attachments:

jeffro
      Participant

Hope yall like em :whistle: Thanks Shawn

Those look nice Gents!
        For the Darrel White minnow meets John Rohmer Punk. John likes to use a small salt water hook if I remember Gamakatsu or Daiichi, Darrel uses standard streamer hooks. I have seen Darrel use a palmer of grizzly or brown hackle on the body woolly worm style as well, I save the hackle and tease the dub out.

These fish very neutral, they do not sink real fast at all, and will suspend after a hard strip, if you want to sink them you’ll need a sink tip or sinking line of some sort, or put some wraps of lead on. I fish them for trout, bass, and in white I have had carp eat them.

Hope you all enjoy them

Hook; sz 8 2xh/3xl of your choice.
        Tail; and body AZ Simi seal in amber olive (Mega or Magnum length)
        Wing; Az Simi seal in peacock (Mega or Magnum length)
        Head; deer hair stacked and combed.
        eyes, tiers choice.

Shawn West
        Participant

Swap update:
          I have been contacted by most of the swap participants. There are two that I have not heard from in quite some time. Three others have flies in the mail at this time. If I do not hear from the final two tiers by Monday, they will be out of the swap. I will not make you wait for your new flies because someone can not meet a deadline.

For the two I have not heard from, send me an update. I would hate to remove you from the swap.

Shawn

Gary Hitterman
          Participant

The streamers are done and will be mailed out in Fridays afternoon mail.

Shawn West
            Participant
              Gary Hitterman wrote:

The streamers are done and will be mailed out in Fridays afternoon mail.

Fantastic!!! Waiting on word from SPNYFISH and ArmyBrat. Come on guys.

michael
              Participant

sorry for the wait been busy with other things outside my control almost done though will have mine out on the 7th

Shawn West
                Participant

FinLuver…your flies arrived today. Very nice fly.

Gene Trump
                  Participant

Wow Fin! Now I know why you wanted the tubing. That is a great effect and I’ll have to learn how you do it.

Shawn West
                    Participant
                      Gene Roberts wrote:

Wow Fin! Now I know why you wanted the tubing. That is a great effect and I’ll have to learn how you do it.

My photo(s) does not do justice to any of these flies. You will be very pleased with what you see when you open your packages from the mail. The flies look much better in person.

Shawn

Josh
                      Participant

Mine are in the mail. You should have received them by now. I will track them when I get home. Mine are nothing special compared to some of those ties, but they sure do catch fish. Hope everybody likes them.

Shawn West
                        Participant

I received flies from Bighand and SPNYFISH today. Thank you for getting them in on time. I am waiting for flies from Mook(should arrive any time) and ArmyBrat (should have shipped out today). I will get your packages in the mail as soon as the last two packages arrive or 1/14, which ever comes first.

I will post pictures of the flies I received today in the morning.

Shawn

Shawn West
                          Participant

SPNYFISH Great Lakes Emerald Shiner

Bighand GB Vibra

Two more to go.

Shawn

Shawn West
                            Participant

Mook…your flies arrived today.

One more to go.

Shawn

They all look very nice…
                              FYI Bighand won’t share his flies…. So I have to join the same swaps as him to get any of his ties! LOL

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 163 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar