Baitfish fly swap….COMPLETED Thank you!!

Home Home Fly Tying Fly Swaps Baitfish fly swap….COMPLETED Thank you!!

This topic contains 162 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Carl Smith 6 years, 8 months ago. This post has been viewed 4596 times

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 163 total)
  • Author

Gary Hitterman
    Participant

Mr. West I have given you a few flies, only to watch you snap them off on the back cast or in the tops of a tree branches. Even better yet advise you to use 2x tippet with this fly. Short time later you returning asking for a second fly. Ask what happened to the frist and you say a fish broke it off. Then you add I should of changed my tippet from 7x to 2x like you advised.
      Plus to let everyone know my fly is black and hot orange in color. So he is right his camera does not do just to the other flies.

Shawn West
      Participant
        Gary Hitterman wrote:

Mr. West I have given you a few flies, only to watch you snap them off on the back cast or in the tops of a tree branches. Even better yet advise you to use 2x tippet with this fly. Short time later you returning asking for a second fly. Ask what happened to the frist and you say a fish broke it off. Then you add I should of changed my tippet from 7x to 2x like you advised.
        Plus to let everyone know my fly is black and hot orange in color. So he is right his camera does not do just to the other flies.

Guess who will be getting the worst of this lot? šŸ˜›

Bass_Bug

The camaraderie and friendly banter as we wait is half the fun of swapping. From the looks of the flies posted, this is turning out to be a great swap.

Gary Hitterman
          Participant

I am sorry Mr. West I wasn’t total honest with the post. I know for a fact you have never fished 7x in your life.
            As for you 1WMF, we will see you on the water. I am hoping this year to create a fly that will stand a chance against that fly you created.

Shawn West
            Participant

I have good news, and I have bad news. The good news is that I have your packages ready to ship. They will be going out tomorrow.

Now for the bad news. I regret to say that I have removed ArmyBrat from the swap. It is a week past the deadline, and I have not gotten confirmation that the flies have even been shipped. Some of you have shipped your flies express so that you would make the deadline. I greatly appreciate your effort. For that reason, I refuse to make you wait any longer for your new flies.

All of the flies turned out well. I am very happy with the turnout we got for this swap. I was not sure we would even get 6 tiers. The pictures I took of the swap flies were not of the best quality. If you take better photos than mine, I would appreciate you posting pictures of the flies from this swap. Thank you for your contribution(s) to this swap and the Fly Tyer forum.

Regards

Shawn

PS. To those that sent extra flies to the Miester, thank you very much. It was a pleasant surprise.

michael
              Participant

sorry guys thought they went out last week and didn’t double check til i found them this morning was busy with school last week i just sent them out this morning

Shawn West
                Participant
                  michael wrote:

sorry guys thought they went out last week and didn’t double check til i found them this morning was busy with school last week i just sent them out this morning

I need to weigh my options regarding this issue. Your input would be appreciated. I do not want to publically bash anyone on this site. Please send your comments/ideas regarding this issue to me by PM. THANKS!!!

Regards

Shawn

Bass_Bug

The rules and dates were posted up front, but I’m willing to wait. If they went out today, you should have them by Wed or Thurs, but as swap meister Shawn, ultimately it’s your call.

jeffro
                    Participant

Im perty open minded….we all fall in last at times….aint that big a deal ……im not in any bind for time.

i

FinLuver
                      Participant

Your call Shawn…AB2120 encouraged me into this swap…always curious as to how other tiers spend their time at the vise…would like to see his contribution. šŸ˜‰

Walter Ryan
                        Participant

I can wait. Here in NH I am ice fishing with :ohmy: live bait for the next couple of months. Have you tried contacting him with a PM?

Mook Lawrence
                          Participant

As someone who also didn’t come in on the right side of the wire, I’m in no rush, and am curious to see what these double ups look like

michael
                            Participant

picture 2 tcs tied on the same hook much like you would see a worm hook for bass only smaller

Shawn West
                              Participant

I have made a decision regarding Brats flies. When they arrive, I will stuff one in an envelope, and get it in the mail to you. I guess I must still have a little of the Christmas spirit left in me. I still have your original envelopes. If I do not have a mailing address for you, I will send a request for your mailing address through a PM.

Shawn

michael
                                Participant

thanks shawn! and the rest of you that sort of twisted his arm :laugh: walt you don’t need to use live bait through the ice 2 yrs ago i made a killing on a fly tyers jig 1/126 oz with a plastic waxworm spent 4 hrs and filled half 5 gallon bucket with crappie and gills

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 163 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar