It Was a Froggy Night

Home Home Fly Fishing Warm Water Fishing Reports It Was a Froggy Night

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  NJTroutbum 3 years, 2 months ago. This post has been viewed 759 times

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

NJTroutbum

Gurgling Frog Gill

SO…it is with mixed emotions that I show you this Gill. Although it is one of the biggest of the year for me. But the cast before this, I was in the process of lipping a “Scouts Honest” 5 pounder, and it kicked off just as my thumb touched it. A heckuva a fight nonetheless, and a heavy fish on the 7wt glass….but in the end, the fish was the victor.

Now, back to the Gill. I caught several 1 – to – 1 1/2lb largemouth over the course of the evening. All on the Gurglin Frog. But after this Gill….they just didn’t seem worthy of a pic.

For the Gurgling Frog Tying Video, click on the link below:

Gurgling Frog Tying Video

That’s a nice ‘gill!

Bass_Bug

That still looks like a good size fish. Nicely done.

Ralph,if you get this much fishing in while still holding down a full time job and taking care of the family, I hate to see how much time on the water you get when you retire.

NJTroutbum

LOL….I have water within 15 minutes of the house. So whenever I find myself with an evening left at home alone? I bolt like a dog through a screendoor for my truck. 🙂

I get a lot of 2hr evenings.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  NJTroutbum.
        Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar