Muskie Fly

Home Home Fly Tying Freshwater Tying Muskie Fly

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mark 5 years, 7 months ago. This post has been viewed 959 times

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Ken
    Participant

Hello everyone. Its been awhile since I posted anything. Its been one heck of a winter for everyone and the problems. But I’ve been tying alot on those cold days and some nights when I could not sleep. Here’s a fly I tied up the other day so I hope you like it. And also an articulated one. Thanks for looking. Hope everyone is doing well and tying alot.

Best Regards, Ken

jeffro
      Participant

Howdy Oldbear….nice colors and Pattern…..do ya’ll have Musky in west Virginia

Ken
        Participant

Hey jeffro. How ya doing buddy? Yes we have alot of them. The river I have about a hundred yards in front of my place is full of them and small mouths.

Best Regards, Ken

jeffro
          Participant

Musky is my Dream Fish…..I have caught lots of Chain Pickeral but No Muskylungs…. Maybe someday.

What is the length on your Flies u posted?

Ken
            Participant

One of them is about 5 and half inches long and the other is 7 and a half inches long. Have tied some that are 16 and 20 inches long.

Best Regards, Ken

jeffro
              Participant

I bet they outta catch some good fish cuz they look great

Ken
                Participant

They work pretty good Jeffro. I tie them up to an 8/0. Do you tie any articulated one? They are great fun to tie and the small mouth and big ones go like crazy for them. Try it buddy.

Best Regards, Ken

Loretta Parent
                  Participant

I really like these flies. Is it possible to get a step by step of the one pictured on top. I think the Striped Bass would really like this one.

Thank you.

Ken
                    Participant

Hello L Parent. I’ll see if I can do one in the next few days. That one you can use for big ole brown trout and bows. The small mouth just tear them up when they hit the water. Also crappie like it as well. It maybe tied in others colours. But I’ll get one done and put it on here.

Best Regards. Ken

Loretta Parent
                      Participant

Thanks Ken. That would be awesome. I look forward to seeing it.

jeffro
                        Participant
                          Ken wrote:

They work pretty good Jeffro. I tie them up to an 8/0. Do you tie any articulated one? They are great fun to tie and the small mouth and big ones go like crazy for them. Try it buddy.

Best Regards, Ken

Ken I tied one for a test but had to use a really small cotter pin ….I cant seem t remember to order the wire.

Mark
                          Participant

First one looks like a Dungeon variant?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar