Need some help!!!

Home Home General Discussion Need some help!!!

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Kelly L. This post has been viewed 606 times 7 years, 6 months ago. This post has been viewed 606 times

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

jamie franklin
    Participant

OK guys I need some help with something, I am thinking about trying to put together a new warm water fly club in north central louisiana, more of a bass and panfish tying and fishing club, but I need to come up with a good club name, shoot me some ideas, plus if any of you are in this area let me know.

Mark
      Participant

Geaux with the fleaux. 😛

Kelly L.
        Participant

You should combine groups with Howard. He told me about his ideas, and they sound good. If I lived closer, I’d sure join up. Sorry I cannot think of a good name. They already have that Tom Nixon chapter in LA. He was the ultimate bass and panfish tyer from Louisiana I believe. Love his work.

jamie franklin
          Participant

I am a member of howard’s club ,plus a member of north louisiana fly fishers, but I live 45 miles out of shreveport, and running to shreveport a couple of times a week for club stuff is getting old, plus both clubs are more trout based tying and fishing,even though i love to trout fish i am a bream and bass guy at heart.

Kelly L.
            Participant

Alright, I understand. I could of sworn he said he wanted the new group to be about bass and panfish, but if it is a 45 minute drive for you, that would get old. It is a 68 mile or so drive for me. That is why I don’t go more often.

Bass_Bug

“Tabasco Tyers Troupe”?

Randy Kimball
                Participant

LOFFOL

League of Fly Fishers of Louisiana

or
                  LFFL

jamie franklin
                  Participant

Kelly, we tie warm water there, did poppers last week, but Gray Wolf Fly Club is an education only club, plus it is a FFF charter club in the southern council, which has no meaning to why i want to start a warm water club, what I want to do is start an entry level casting and tying club for guys and girls that want to walk out to their farm pond or local lake, an catch a mess of bream or bass for fun or a family fish fry.Please I hope nobody takes my ideas the wrong way and think am down grading any part of flyfishing, clubs or the FFF I am a loyal member of all three.But in my promotion of fly fishing, I have had many people make comments that there are no trout around here and i can not travel to trout streams,my reply is there is there is not a fish that can not be caugth on a fly rod. second reason I hear the cost of quality equipment, but most companies make an entry level combo, that will fit everyone’s budget. Just want every one to know there is a flyfishing type for everyone on every budget.

Bass Bug , there is copyright laws in place for using trademark names, already dealt with that one time.

Kelly L.
                    Participant

Jamie, most of my fishing is warm water. Bass, Crappie, Bream. I do not get to go to trout streams but once in a blue moon. I think you have a great idea. I understand why you want to start a different club.

jamie franklin
                      Participant

we decided to go with Dorcheat Fly Fishers, since we live and fish Dorcheat Bayou, more than any where else , plus it has a couple of public boat launchs and a park in Dixie Inn. It is a beautiful bayou loaded with fish.

Kelly L.
                        Participant

That sounds like a proper name then. I never heard of that place, but it sounds wonderful. Congrats on the new name!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar