New Member? Coming Back? Please Introduce Yourself

Home Home Welcome Mat New Member? New Member? Coming Back? Please Introduce Yourself

This topic contains 534 replies, has 152 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bo Hamby Bo Hamby 1 month, 2 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 2435 times

Viewing 10 posts - 526 through 535 (of 535 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bass_Bug
    Bass_Bug
      David Mac wrote:

We have been getting many new members since the site has moved and improved. First off, WELCOME to the Fly Tyer Forum, we are all friends here. Some are beginners and some have years of experience. For many, that first post is the most difficult one to make, so hopefully this will help. Just say hello and tell us where you are from, Beginner or years of experience. We are very glad that you have joined us 🙂

Sadly, we lost DMac awhile back, but I wanted to repost the beginning of this thread in hopes that new members who have not made their first post will do so an introduce themselves. This isn’t the biggest or most active fly tying forum on the ‘net, but we’ve had alot of great tyers on here, and unfortunately lost a few that are now fishing the great beyond.

If you’ve never posted, please think about doing to so to introduce yourself and say hi. If you have posted before, tell us what you’ve been tying or even better, post some pics of your flies.

Profile photo of Don
      Don
      Participant

Hi, I’m new here. My names Don and I have been tying for 6 months. I live in Sydney Australia and belong to a flu tying group that meets once a month. I have tied over 200 flies now, some pretty good and I know they catch fish as I had the thrill of catching a bow on one of my own flies back in May and again in June. Our season is over for now and I am tying small nymphs #18 -#20 for an upcoming trip to New Zealand.
        I am on two other forums and enjoy the information that is exchanged within the forums.
        I look forward to participating in this group.

Profile photo of John McGlinn
        John McGlinn
        Participant

Hi! I’m John Mcglinn and I am retired and now have time tie flies. I’ve always concentrated on nymphs over the past 20 years but now I’m interested in realistic flies, particularly, terrestrials and drys for California streams (if we ever get any water 🙁

Bass_Bug

Welcome John! It seems here in the Midwest, we’re getting all of your rain as well as ours. Much of the West coast doesn’t get enough rain to sustain grass, and the Midwest is has gotten so much in the few months we pray for a day dry enough to mow. Crazy!

We used to have several awesome realistic tyers post here, but they haven’t been around for quite some time. Fred Hannie (http://www.realisticflytying.net/) is super talented at realistic tying (but most importantly) fishable flies. Search here by user name “Fred H” to see some of his work that he’s posted.

Bass_Bug

We get, on average, a new user signing up every day, but very few ever post. For all the new people signing up, and anyone who has never posted, please post and introduce yourself. Tell us what corner of the world you call home, what type of flies you like to tie or what species fish you like to target, etc.. Check out all the categories in the forum, if you signed up, there must be something here that interests you? Are you new to fly tying and have questions? Feel free to ask. Are you an experienced/seasoned fly tyer? Feel free to share any tips and tricks you’ve acquired over the years. Found a good deal or sale somewhere? Share the link or business. Come on people, lets hear from you!

Profile photo of NJTroutbum
              NJTroutbum

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy the stay!

Ralph

Profile photo of Michelle
                Michelle
                Participant

Returning member after 10 year plus absence. Still been fly fishing and managed to even get to Montana a couple years ago….

Profile photo of Bo Hamby
                  Bo Hamby
                  Participant

Hey everyone , been off for close to a year . We had a baby boy and he has completely taken over my fly tying time . Will get back tying soon.

Bass_Bug

Welcome back Bo! Congratulations on the new addition to the family! Sadly you haven’t missed much as its been really really quiet here on the forum. According to the stats we have alot viewing but only a few members logging in and even fewer posting. There was an emergency forum software update awhile back for security reasons and to better thwart SPAM. This coupled with personal changes at Morris(FlyTyers publisher) and the forum activity hasnt been the same since.

Profile photo of Bo Hamby
                      Bo Hamby
                      Participant

Sorry to hear it’s slow but hopefully it will pick up .

Viewing 10 posts - 526 through 535 (of 535 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar